I'm Christopher Rains. I live in Spartanburg, SC with my wife, two cats, one dog and a lot of computers and parts. I began my programming career in early 2003 on Visual Basic 6. I was introduced to the language at a summer camp and continued programming in the months that followed. I thrived through continued learning and soon after found myself learning the foundation "C" langauge. "C" became my go-to language for quite some time. As I continued my programming pursuit, I picked up various languages along the way such as Sparc Assembler, MASM, Java, Python, VB.NET, C#.NET and PHP, the latter of which I hold in high regard as my currently preferred programming language.
Post college, I've found myself focusing the vast majority of my attention in the web development realm of programming. Recently I've taken a special interest in understanding the psychology behind computers, why people interact with them in particular ways, and how that directly impacts the creative design behind web page user interfaces.
- 2003 - Began programming in Visual Basic 6.
- 2005 - Learned "C"
- 2006, April - Founded my own computer business Sonus Generation
- 2007 June - Learned Python
- 2008 February - Learned Sparc Assembler
- 2010 June - Sonus Generation becomes Sonus Generation Corporation, a registered South Carolina "S" Corporation
- 2011 - Learned PHP
- 2012 - Learned VB.NET
- 2013 - Learned C#.NET, Razor
Why Bit or Byte?
You may be wondering why the name "Bit or Byte"?